The Goo Lagoon is a subarea of Numeria which appears in The ClueFinders 3rd Grade Adventures: The Mystery of Mathra.
Geography and DemographyEdit
The Goo Lagoon is located in the southern most part of the Numerian rain forest, according to the map of Numeria stored in LapTrap's files. The Goo Lagoon is a large swamp filled with green goo rather than water. A large variety creatures live here, many of which are some kind of plant or bug, which possess human-like intelligence and can speak to people. Some snakes and mammals also live in the lagoon, as well as a species of bird called Crabalocks.
Residents of the Goo LagoonEdit
- Twin Spiders
- Yellow Matter
- Spit Spot
- Goo Creature
Activities in the Goo LagoonEdit
- The Spider Sisters
- Crabalock Attack
- Moths and Fleas
- Worms' Day Out
- River of the Goo Creature
- The Walls of Goo Falls
In the GameEdit
Joni, Santiago, and LapTrap go to the Goo Lagoon to search for one of the keys to the Lost City. The Liverpuddlians inform them that they'll need to collect bags of Goo Beetles in order to get to the top of Goo Falls where the key is located. Joni and Santiago eventually make it to the cave at the top of Goo Falls and collect the key there.
The Goo Lagoon contains all of the game's logic-focused activities.
- The Goo Lagoon contains a number of references to the band The Beatles:
- The Liverpuddlians are made to resemble and sound like The Beatles band members, and their name is a play on Liverpool.
- The Crabalocks' name is likely derived from the "crabalocker" line in the song I Am the Walrus.
- The "Goo" part of the Goo Lagoon may also be derived from the lyrics of I Am the Walrus, which repeatedly contains the line "goo, goo, g'joob".
- The Goo Beetles' name may also be derived from the band's name.
- The Goo Lagoon also shares its name with a locale in SpongeBob SquarePants